Ms. Wagener
AP English Language
12 June 2013
Questions of Life
The unanswerable questions, "Who am I?", or "Where does the world come from?", often appeared in the conversation of many philosophers in history. If I were asked these questions I would almost automatically know my answer. Coming from a home of Christian faith, God, would be my answer to both of these very philosophic questions. I suppose that's the whole point behind these questions, making you think.
Throughout history we have had many philosophers try and answer these questions. So why can't they be answered. Someone such as myself could answer, "God created the earth and He also created me." The thought that there could be a 'greater' being is an alien thought to a majority of people and that idea would be laughed at. One might argue, "If God did create all of this, then where did God come from?" This question, even makes me think. It drives my mind to imagine what came before God himself. It was always told to me that God himself has always existed since the beginning of time itself. Which, logically makes sense. However, what made God decide to create this vast universe out of nowhere if He has always existed. Growing up in a Christian home and going to church and attending many seminars I have had these questions thrown at me and I have come up with logical explanations to these such questions. God created us to have a relationship with Him. We needed a place to reside and that was when God created the earth as we know it today. As for the question of, "Who am I?" that is a very personalized question and therefore, cannot be 'answered'.
It does not matter if someone provides some sort of explanation as to who we are. We are human beings and are very individualistic. We are all essentially the same, however, no two humans are alike. We all make different decisions in life so one might be able to answer their own question as to who they are but, they cannot even begin to answer who someone else is. So the question, "Who am I?" Will remain an 'unanswerable' question. The question "Where does the world come from?" Will never be agreed upon and therefore will also remain, an unanswerable question of life.
Throughout history we have had many philosophers try and answer these questions. So why can't they be answered. Someone such as myself could answer, "God created the earth and He also created me." The thought that there could be a 'greater' being is an alien thought to a majority of people and that idea would be laughed at. One might argue, "If God did create all of this, then where did God come from?" This question, even makes me think. It drives my mind to imagine what came before God himself. It was always told to me that God himself has always existed since the beginning of time itself. Which, logically makes sense. However, what made God decide to create this vast universe out of nowhere if He has always existed. Growing up in a Christian home and going to church and attending many seminars I have had these questions thrown at me and I have come up with logical explanations to these such questions. God created us to have a relationship with Him. We needed a place to reside and that was when God created the earth as we know it today. As for the question of, "Who am I?" that is a very personalized question and therefore, cannot be 'answered'.
It does not matter if someone provides some sort of explanation as to who we are. We are human beings and are very individualistic. We are all essentially the same, however, no two humans are alike. We all make different decisions in life so one might be able to answer their own question as to who they are but, they cannot even begin to answer who someone else is. So the question, "Who am I?" Will remain an 'unanswerable' question. The question "Where does the world come from?" Will never be agreed upon and therefore will also remain, an unanswerable question of life.
"This question, even makes me think. It drives my mind to imagine what came before God himself. It was always told to me that God himself has always existed since the beginning of time itself. Which, logically makes sense." I like your point here. This also incorporates the fact that time really is a man-made entity; therefore, we cannot comprehend how God has always existed, and many will always think "Well, who made God then, and what existed before God?" These are just not questions the human mind is capable of answering - at least at this point in time. 20/20
ReplyDelete